The ultimate guide to travel with baby | Essential safety tips while traveling with baby | A parent’s guide
Importance of childcare while traveling.
Often in our vacation while we plan for 100 ways to enjoy the trip there arises a tensed situation when we see our kids falling sick. This so happens because we either ignore the simplest cause of it or we are busy enjoying ourself. Any trip with kids becomes easy once you are more or less advancely prepared for worst scenes. The trip becomes more memorable when our kids also equally enjoy with us.
There are certain reasons why kids below the age of 5 can easily fall sick. Most of them would wait until the kid is all grown up and then they can travel. But we have been traveling to nearby vacation spots since my daughter turned 2 year old. It is a different experience.
here i share some tips with you based on my personal experience so far. Hope it helps you in some way.
Tips while you are travelling with a child : based on my experience
Carry prescription | ensure proper bowel movements | Power naps
- Always visit your pediatrician before travel and ask for a prescription containing necessary medicines that you may find appropriate with your type of travel / type of place.
- It is necessary to understand that children below the age of 5 often undergo constipated stools. As such carrying a remedy for emptying their bowels is a good option. I carried some supplements as prescribed by her doctor which helps her clear her stomach every morning.
- New places, changes in sleep patterns, new food may all cause bloating, indigestion and constipation in kids. if kids fall sick then the entire vacation gets spoiled. As such the more advanced you prepare yourself the least problem you may have to face later.
Carrying colic | handy light snacks | Providing bowel friendly fruits.
- It is always better to carry colic, vomit and bowel clearance medicine handy at any moment.
- Carry light snacks that are interesting for them yet less in sweetness, fulfilling for a limited time until you are ready to have the following meals. This will keep the children less cranky and they will be able to have both the munchy and meal in a balanced way.
- Make sure they have fruits everyday throughout the vacation period especially. to balance the nutrition in their body and prevent constipated stools.
Citrus flavoured lolipops | keep check on kid’s acidity factors | comfort clothing.
- Carry some citrus lollipop in bags. In case if they get travel sickness due to long drives this may prevent them from vomiting.
- Try to minimize sour foods / fluids through out your vacation period. Children also develop acidity as equal as adults. only difference being they not able to express. Acidity in children will make them puke anytime , decrease their appetite.
- Always choose clothing according to their comfortability. make sure their head is covered under sun and ensure sun glasses. all of them help for their well being.
Ensuring kid’s hydration | An essential bag | Sponging your kid often.
- Keep them hydrated more often. in case of beach travel they may soon get dehydrated and face trouble urinating.
If it is travel in cold weather make sure kids take lot of warm fluids and less of solid foods. foods take time to digest and if the kid is below 5 they might face puke issues often.
- Carry extra set of clothes always handy in bag. So choose your bag accordingly that may be light in weight through out your outing period but filled with all essential things required for your kid.
- I often sponge my daughter’s sweating zones and pat dry powder to keep her less cranky. This is one of coolest million dollar trick to keep them non-cranky. at times kids spoil their dress by spilling food, water, dirt and the sweat caused due to humid area in the beach surrounded land is pathetic. Parents carry the kid just like that throught out the day and i have seen kids horribly getting cranky thereafter.
Here’s a detailed article based on our Palolem , south Goa trip :-
here is link to vlogs based on our trip to south goa – palolem beach:
Have a great day.